Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Become an Indexer!

Click on the LINK to watch a video about indexing!!
indexing video
I am a firm believer in Family History work! Before I came out on my mission I was called to be an "Indexer." At the time I was attending Brigham Young University-Idaho and my ward had filled up all the callings possible. Sometimes they would create "other callings" so that everyone had a part. I was called to be the Ward Indexer. I thought for sure that I had been given one of those "filler" callings, but then I started learning all about what people do who index. It was SO fun! I downloaded the program onto my computer and indexed away! I loved looking at the old census records and other forms that they use. It was interesting to read about where they were born, what their names were, age, and occupation. I love history and truly enjoyed finding out just the basic information about these people. It makes for such a wonderful Sunday activity and doesn't take that long at all. I have now indexed over 1,500 names. I love it! I know that indexing is just another important step into furthering the Lord's work on the earth today. If you would like to learn more about indexing or family history in general, please visit this website. https://familysearch.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment